One in eight of the 82,000 ingredients most commonly used in our beauty products are industrial chemicals. According to the Environmental Working Group, women use about twelve different cosmetic products on a regular basis, exposing them to an average of 168 chemical ingredients every day. Similarly, men are exposed to 85. In Gillian Decon’s book, There’s Lead in Your Lipstick, she highlights that such chemicals often include formaldehyde, mercury, and coal tar – a known carcinogen banned in the EU but commonly found in U.S. skin treatments.
These concerns about what we are putting on our skin ignited our passion for starting Argan Oil, a chemical-free, 100% natural, super hydration product that works wonders on your skin.
Argan Oil, only found in the arid deserts of Morocco. Coined “Liquid Gold” for its extensive skin care benefits, it is one of the most desired and rare oils on the market, particularly for its potent anti-aging abilities.
“Its high content in vitamin E prevents wrinkles and delays aging,” says the FDA’s report on Argan Oil. “Furthermore, by stimulating cells oxygenation, Argan Oil restores the hydrophilic layer and skin cells,” which is crucial for any anti-aging routine because it helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, restoring the skin’s elasticity and helping create a healthy, radiant glow.
Some of the benefits of Argan Oil
In addition to DROP’s all natural anti-aging benefits :
1) It has a high concentration of Vitamin E and is loaded with fatty acids, two of the crucial building blocks for healthy skin.
2) It’s not just a quick fix. Argan Oil deeply hydrates so its effects last. Therefore, even if you miss a day (or two!), your skin will remain nourished.
3) Because of its super hydration power, it can be used for even the driest of skin including dry or damaged hands, as well as cracked, painful heals. Using it on your hands before a manicure will also keep your cuticles supple and your nails looking healthier.
4) It is for men, too! In addition to skin hydration, men can apply 2-3 drops on damp and freshly shaven skin to soothe razor burn. You will notice that a lot of “beard oils,” and “aftershaves” are now starting to use Argan Oil in their products.
5) It can also soothe and help prevent acne. Because Argan Oil is non-greasy, it helps to balance skin by providing natural moisture. Its antioxidants heal damaged skin cells and reduce inflammation. Not only will it ease the appearance of acne, but it will expedite the healing process and bring natural balance that help prevent future breakouts.
7) Because of its purity, it is perfect for all ages. With only one single ingredient, you never again have to wonder what you’re putting on your kid’s skin.
8) And, of course, it’s 100% pure and natural! …’nuff said.
It’s important to know, that not all Argan Oil is created equal. Don’t be fooled: here’s a list of Argan Oil “red flags” to keep you choosing and using the best.